WF GF EF DF PF SF V Veg
Porridge is a great way to start the day for the whole family, even for baby. We love our oats with extra flavour, crunch and sweetness added.
Some Nutritional Benefits:
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Omega 3 and 6
- 2 heaped tbsp oats (we prefer our oats blended)
- 1 cup plant based milk (we like oat or non-GM soya)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground almond
- 1 tbsp ground brazil nut
- 1 tbsp ground hazelnut
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 pear
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- I blend most of my nuts and seeds to ensure my children are not missing out on the nutritional benefits they provide.
- We prefer a smoother texture to our oats so I blend them until they become fine, almost a flour consistency.
- Clean, chop and blend the pear until smooth
- Place the oatmeal, cinnamon, nuts and seed into a saucepan and add the milk and pear puree
- Heat gently and stir regularly for at least 6 minutes
- Remove and divide between 3 bowls and sprinkle pumpkin seeds and desiccated coconut